Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sausage & Green Bean Skillet

This is definitely a FAST recipe!  We had no leftovers to take to work today, so I cooked this before Joey left (and also got breakfast ready for our daughter at the same time!)  I just threw together some stuff I had in the fridge & pantry!  I like this sausage that I've pictured -- it does not have any "mechanically separated" meat.  It's not organic, but I think it's a decent choice & Publix often puts it on sale as BOGO.
INGREDIENTS:
12oz or 16 oz chicken sausage links
2 cups green beans, fresh or frozen
Grape tomatoes, amount can vary (I used about 1/2 pint)
1 cup frozen cheese-filled tortellini
1 can Great Northern Beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup Costo (Kirkland) Basil Pesto 

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Trim green beans, if needed.  Cook in boiling water for 10 minutes.  While those are cooking, slice the chicken sausage & heat in a 10 inch skillet, about 8-10 minutes.

2.  Add pasta & tomatoes to the sausage, continue cooking another 8-10 minutes. 

3.  Add the drained Great Northern beans, peas & green beans to sausage mixture & cook 3-4 minutes more.

4.  Add pesto sauce, heat & stir thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment